Friday, May 28, 2010

8th Grade Graduation

Tuesday was Will's 8th grade graduation from Thompkins Middle School and I'm now the mom to a high school Freshman. His 8th grade class was almost the same size as my graduating high school class. There were 147 kids in his grade. Next year he will be up at Central High School.

That evening we had family over for a small get together. He told me when he graduates high school I can do a "real party" for him. LOL!! We told him he could go anywhere or have anything he wanted to eat. He asked that I fix him Italian Steak in the crock pot with corn and mashed potatoes. One of the nurses who I work with makes cakes and she made him an adorable chocolate smiley face cake.

I think he enjoyed his presents too. He got money, basketball, new mouse for the computer and a iPod touch.

I can't believe that he's soon to be 14 years old and in high school. He's also about 1 1/2 inches taller than me too. Where has the time gone?? I have a feeling the next four years are going to fly by too.


Photobucket

No comments: