Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Craft Projects

This past weekend I went to Montgomery, Indiana at the Gastof Amish Village for our annual girls weekend Croptoberfest. I had a wonderful time and it was great to see everyone. Only one person was missing but she had a good reason...a new sweet baby boy made his arrival a few weeks ago. The weather was perfect and the food was yummy too!!

I have been scrapbooking every week and was a little burnt out doing the traditional scrapbooking pages. I decided to do something "out-of-the-box" for me.

My first project was a little 6x6 album with pages that hold CD's. I backup my photos to an external hard drive but I also burn my photos to a CD. Now I've got a cute book to keep everything in. Once I put the CD in the envelope, I'll label on the front of the envelope with details of what's on the CD. On the cover it's a bit hard to see in the photos but I used my new iRock tool and embellished the cover with yellow, purple and orange rhinestones.

My next project was a cute flower photo album held together by ribbon. I decided to use pictures of Lily since it was a bit girlie and with it being a flower and Lily is a flower name. I still need to journal on the last page. The photos are on the day she turned 1 year old.

I think my projects turned out pretty cute!!



Photobucket

No comments: