Friday, March 28, 2008

Two Weeks Old















Lily is two weeks old today. I can't believe how fast the time is flying. She's the sweetest and cuddliest baby. I could sit and hold her all day. We're all so happy that she's here. The pictures are from the hospital until now.

The first week was a little rough. We left the hospital on a Sunday and I thought she looked a little yellow but the pediatrician said she would be ok. By Tuesday I thought she looked bad and I called and they agreed to do a blood test for jaundice. Her level was 19.3 and they admit babies in the hospital once it reaches 20.0. We had to get her under the bili blanket light as soon as possible. The only time I could take her off was for diaper changes and trips the hospital for blood work. On Wednesday it dropped to 17.5, Thursday was 15.0 and Friday it was 13.2. At that point they decided to take her off the light. We had to make sure and feed her every two hours to help flush the jaundice out of her system. Waking a newborn to eat is not an easy task. No sooner than you're done it's time to eat again. But all is going good now.

No comments: