Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009

The year 2008 was a really big year for me and our family

In March we were thrilled to have Lily join this family. We couldn't even begin to imagine life without her with us. She's such a joy and I just love our family of five.

The change of leaving my job after so many years. It was a hard decision but one that turned out for the best. I'd not been happy for quite awhile and sometimes it's just time to move on without looking back.

Then at the end of this year we found a new house and also put our current home up for sale. Today makes 1 week it's been on the market and interest is generating, which is a very positive sign to us that it will hopefully sell soon.

In 2009 I have goals that I want to achieve and it seems if you write them down and have them in front of you, you're reminded to continue with them.

1. Continue to serve Jehovah God with whole devotion and be a positive example to my children and to others.

2. Get to feeling better. This past month I've not felt good and still don't. I don't want to be a whine or make others concerned but in my gut I feel something is wrong. I need to get to the bottom of it and feel better. My blood pressure is giving me concern and last night I lost some of my vision in my one eye again.

3. Begin Weight Watchers. Before Hayden and after Hayden I lost a lot of weight on the program and was at my goal. I can do it again and know I can. I just need to be motivated and keep my motivation. I can't use the excuse of "I've just had a baby" much longer.

4. No longer purchase scrapbook items till I use what I have. I have a tendency to get side-lined by the pretty paper and embellishments. Be more thrifty. Also, do one layout a week.

5. By fall, I hope to have a little home business. I'm working on it at the moment and need to practice and get things in order. This I will keep private till it's time. :-)

6. Plant a garden this spring.

7. Get a planner and write down daily goals too. With working odd hours, sometimes I forget what all needs to be done.

8. Don't be so critical of myself. I'm not perfect and I can't be super-mom either. It's ok to say no sometimes.

9. Save monthly for our trip in January 2010 to Disney World.

10. Eat more healthy and power walk 3-4 times per week.

No comments: