Sunday, November 23, 2008

Beautiful Books


I ordered these two books off of Amazon.com. The author of both books is Susan B. Anderson. These are the most beautiful books I've seen in awhile. Lovely baby/toddler hats and other projects.

There's a sweater that's breathtaking and it's accented with silk ribbon. It also has a matching hat. You can see a bit of it on the cover of the "Itty Bitty Nursery" book.

My first thought was this was going to be too hard. I was surprised when I was reading the books last night to read that it's for a beginner. It's made with a simple stockinette stitch. The thought of actually knitting a sweater for my sweet baby girl made me so happy I almost couldn't fall asleep thinking of how I would create this.

I'm sure learning to knit would be easier if I had someone who could help me. A kind lady at the craft store commented on Lily's hat and sweater from Gymboree and in talking to her she told me about a knitting store here in Evansville on the East side. I'm going to go check this out this week. I also get to see my Aunts this week and I'm going to ask for help from them too.

It's frustrating at times and I get a bit discouraged but I can master this. I have the drive to get this figured out....especially the circular needles and knitting with the small ones.

I'm really determined since I saw that sweater :-)

No comments: