Monday, November 17, 2008

Learning to Knit...Boy Style












Ever since I purchased Lily's adorable pumpkin hat and sweater, I've been searching and found out how many adorable hats that are out there for kids. Especially, little girls. I found so many cute things on etsy.com.

This created a desire to learn to knit and crochet. My grandma taught me the basics but this had been many years ago. So after searching the Internet and purchasing a DVD, I'm understanding the basics and actually knitting.

Will has been watching me with great interest and told me he wanted to learn too. Of course whatever Will does, Hayden must do it too.

While we were practicing along with the DVD you can see what Hayden was up to. He was getting into everything and being silly. Before it was all done and over, he was in time-out in his room. I never knew knitting was so interesting for boys!!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Love the pictures. Hayden looks like he was having a blast. It's that about the time they start getting into trouble. Good luck with your future knitters.

Anonymous said...

Amy, I have an idea for a hat for Hayden. Ethan and Ally received handmade hats as gifts that are dinosaurs/monsters?? Ally's is green and has teeth across her forehead, a little tail in the back, and two buttons for eyes. Hard to explain, but really cute. I'll have to take a picture.